Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Kat's Haunted Adventure

        Hello again, everybody. It’s me, the weird girl who has all the bizarre adventures with her best friend Carter. I don’t know if I am doing this blog thing right. I went back and read my posts and was disappointed that I have been jumping all over the place. Maybe I should start at the beginning and go from there. But then where is the beginning? Carter and I started exploring when we were old enough to leave our front yards.
        There isn’t anything for us to do! Carter and I grew up together in a small village of eleven houses in the Texas wilderness. We are the only two children for miles around, and since we both like to explore things, we formed a partnership. One of our most dangerous adventures took place a couple years ago in a haunted barn.  There’s a story that says Mr. and Mrs. Wilson owned a farm. They had one son named Jimmy, who set the house on fire while his parents were asleep. Then he went out into the barn and hung himself. People say that if you go to the barn after midnight you can hear Jimmy Wilson’s ghost up in the hayloft, kicking and banging around at the end of the rope.
        Well, my mother had warned me never to go to that barn because it wasn’t safe. She said that it was old and decaying and could collapse at any time. But I was bored; I wanted something exciting to do. Carter had little trouble talking me into sneaking out of our bedrooms before midnight and taking a bike ride out to the barn to see for ourselves if the rumor about Jimmy Wilson’s ghost was true.
        That was one of the most dangerous adventures we ever did. It was the first time I had ever felt such overwhelming terror. I ended up in the hospital, lucky to be alive. You can read about what happened if you like by clicking this link http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewshortstory.asp?AuthorID=132409&id=49630 , scroll down to the story and read what happened. The story is also recorded in the book about our adventures in Dearth “Beyond the Dead Forest.”
        The thing that sticks in my mind is that when I was most terrified I remember thinking I wish I had listened to my mother. I never thought I would say that. She never listens to me; she doesn’t understand me and… And that is the attitude that almost got me killed. Just because she doesn’t listen to me or understand me doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t listen to her and try to understand where she’s coming from. She has gotten me this far in life. But sometimes she makes me so mad. I'm not a little kid anymore.
        Okay, I can tell it’s time to wrap this up. I still have some homework to finish before bed. Night everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we forget that our parents tell us not to do things because they love us and are trying to protect us. However there are those who can only learn the hard way. It's sad, yet it's part of life. Yet when we realize we made a mistake we can do what we can to make it right, learn from it, and move on. I'll definitely be looking forward to hearing the next adventure.

    ReplyDelete